The Official Keeping Up Appearances Fan Club & Forum
Welcome to the Bucket residence (that is pronounced 'Bouquet'). To get full access to my house please log in or create an account, that way I will be assured that you are a truly superior person, who will not brush against my wallpaper! Don't forget to take your shoes off, as stains on my wood block flooring are a pain to remove.

By the way, Harold Snoad who is the director of Keeping Up Appearances, is our resident celebrity. That will show Mrs Barker-Finch who really has friends in high places!

Best Wishes,
Hyacinth Bucket
The Official Keeping Up Appearances Fan Club & Forum

The official fan club and forum for the 1990s sitcom 'Keeping Up Appearances' - now approved by writer - Roy Clarke and director/producer - Harold Snoad

Fan-Club HomeHomeCastCrewEpisodesStage ShowLinksGuestbookDesktop BackgroundsContact UsFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

What members think about the forum...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
OnTheBusesCrazy
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostSubject: What members think about the forum...   Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:57 am

I have been told what some members think about the forum and these are:

"one of the best forums i belong to"

"an easy to navigate around forum"
Back to top Go down
http://www.keepingupappearancesfanclub.com
barbaradear
Contributors
Contributors

PostSubject: Re: What members think about the forum...   Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:57 pm

I visit quite a lot of forums and i have to say this is one of the easiest to use and has the most comprehensive information that covers all aspects of our subject matter. I particularly like the way everything is sectioned off into lots of different threads and not lots all lumped together. This way its easier to find what you're looking for. I also like all the photos and the colours are very "hyacinthy"! Very Happy There is also a chat room which i'm not sure many people have visited but if not, do pop in for a chat! cheers
Back to top Go down
OnTheBusesCrazy
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostSubject: Re: What members think about the forum...   Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:17 pm

barbaradear wrote:
I visit quite a lot of forums and i have to say this is one of the easiest to use and has the most comprehensive information that covers all aspects of our subject matter. I particularly like the way everything is sectioned off into lots of different threads and not lots all lumped together. This way its easier to find what you're looking for. I also like all the photos and the colours are very "hyacinthy"! Very Happy There is also a chat room which i'm not sure many people have visited but if not, do pop in for a chat! cheers

Thanks for the comments! I have spent ages on this site. Smile
Back to top Go down
OnTheBusesCrazy
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostSubject: Re: What members think about the forum...   Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:20 pm

If any members want to add their comments feel free to. Wink

I am the founder/creator of this website.

Completely conducive to contemplating cosy, charismatic, country cottages!

Back to top Go down
sheridess
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: What members think about the forum...   Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:02 am

Good morning fellow KUA buffs!

Just thought I'd add my opinon...

Now, I have viewed endless amounts of websites dedicated to people, sports, TV shows, locations, attractions... all with forums and threads etc etc BUT this one is by far the BEST one I have seen. And I am not just saying that, either! It's splendid! Honestly, it's just like being in Hyacinth's room - everything is clearly labelled, clean, dusted and laid correctly! It's the best site ever for:
EASY ACCESS
FRIENDLY WELCOMES
CLEAN AND TOPICAL LANGUAGE/POSTS
THOROUGH AND CORRECT RESEARCH

The admin has really done himself proud here! What an amazing project to complete - with such grand results!

I do have one little niggle though... it's a question...

When did you create the site? I think it's fairly new isn't it... scratch

WELL DONE (again!) BRILLAINT (thumbs up from me! HAHA!) Smile
Back to top Go down
Periwinkles
Co-admin
Co-admin

PostSubject: Re: What members think about the forum...   Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:04 am

In my humble opinion it's a nice and friendly place to be alongside fellow KUA fans. Like Andrew has said, we're keeping KUA alive and, although very sadly KUA has finished, the joy and laughter it brings to people must live on!!!

Plus, there is ample room here for discussions on topics other than KUA, so it really is a forum you can use every day! And due to the worldwide success of KUA you can chat with users from all over the globe!

Well done to Andrew for a fab forum Rock
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What members think about the forum...   Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:33 pm

I like the variety of people here. We have people young and old and we're like one big family. I get kind of sad when I don't go on this site for a couple of days. Plus, here people actually care about me and my problems.
Back to top Go down
OnTheBusesCrazy
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostSubject: Re: What members think about the forum...   Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:00 pm

BritcomFan93 wrote:
I like the variety of people here. We have people young and old and we're like one big family. I get kind of sad when I don't go on this site for a couple of days. Plus, here people actually care about me and my problems.

Thanks for that. Smile Just how i like the site to be. Wink
Back to top Go down
sheridess
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: What members think about the forum...   Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:47 pm

BritcomFan93 wrote:

Britcom93

Same here! It empties me not have a good KUA natter/laugh!
It's so communal and interesting!

All on here are helpful & I've been on here for about a week or two and I am a VIP member!
That tells you something! Wink
Back to top Go down
OnTheBusesCrazy
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostSubject: Re: What members think about the forum...   Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:51 pm

sheridess wrote:
BritcomFan93 wrote:

Britcom93

All on here are helpful & I've been on here for about a week or two and I am a VIP member!

Keep posting messages since you have come everyone has joined in with loads of conversations, well done! cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What members think about the forum...   Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:54 pm

OnTheBusesCrazy wrote:
sheridess wrote:
BritcomFan93 wrote:

Britcom93

Keep posting messages since you have come everyone has joined in with loads of conversations, well done! cheers Very Happy

That's because sheridess is interesting! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sheridess
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: What members think about the forum...   Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:10 pm

OMG that is soo nice! 'Interesting' ... 'I start conversations' Awww that is so humbling to know!

I think I am one of the most blandest people on here, I thought that you BritCom asre interesting 'coz you open up alot about your life and Andrew discusses lots about sitcoms. Periwinkles is also a 'thought-provoker' BANANAS HAHA Banana
Back to top Go down
sheridess
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: What members think about the forum...   Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:40 am

sorry about the typo there that was...

'I think you Britcom ARE'

Smile
Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Hardbroom
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: What members think about the forum...   Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:06 am

I have just now discovered this topic.. Anyway, i think it's the ebst forum bcause i feel like at home. But not like Elizabeths feels at Hyacinth's, oh no. i do feel like Hyacinth at her first class stamps house decorated acording to all english standarts in very respectable area Smile And of course there are very interesting people with whom i think we are already friends.
I do so agree with Periwinkles - we are keeping the spirit of KUA alive.It's not easy sometimes, but with such a person like our Captain here sir Andrew our Hyacinthian Empire will survive Smile

Last edited by Hardbroom on Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
StephanieJ
Rose2
Rose2

PostSubject: Re: What members think about the forum...   Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:49 pm

A very well put together site, and easy to navigate.
I worked for an Internet co in Cambridge, MA and also in high tech for several years. The site works well & nice to look at....visibly professional.

The people who visit are very friendly, & wonderful to keep the spirit of a terrific tv show alive for everyone who loves it!

-Elizabeth, have you ever had any trouble with the major?-
Shocked
Back to top Go down
beakerforme
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: What members think about the forum...   Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:02 pm

I like it, generally.

If I had to pick something I was unhappy with, it would be the chats, I think.
Back to top Go down
http://leadpipecollection.net
Hardbroom
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: What members think about the forum...   Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:19 pm

Why are you unhappy with the chats?

VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: What members think about the forum...   Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:30 pm

Well I feel like few people get together for them. Sometimes I'll show up five after and either everyone's gone or no one ever came.
Back to top Go down
http://leadpipecollection.net
Hardbroom
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: What members think about the forum...   Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:43 pm

Well, it's usual thing these days. But sometimes there are people, those few but faithul Smile

PostSubject: Re: What members think about the forum...   Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:26 am

I visit quite a few forums and this one is definitely the most interesting and informative. Also, excellently run and has the best posters.
Back to top Go down
Earl of Eddleton
Contributors
Contributors

PostSubject: Re: What members think about the forum...   Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:55 am

OnTheBusesCrazy wrote:

Andrew - you built an extremely user friendly web-site. Very few young men your age show this kind of excellence and dedication.

Best regards, Arden
Back to top Go down
jrt2345

PostSubject: Re: What members think about the forum...   Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:59 am

I feel by far this is the best website I have visited. Very informative, and a great group of friendly and welcoming people. I feel at home with everything and feel this is a brilliant place for me to share my discoveries and joys in life. Very well done that man, very well done indeed. Thumbs Up

Private Messages is on the NO NEW PM'S button in pink at the top of the forum. 

Email is the email icon below my messages. 
Back to top Go down
OnTheBusesCrazy
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostSubject: Re: What members think about the forum...   Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:17 am

Earl of Eddleton wrote:
OnTheBusesCrazy wrote:

Andrew - you built an extremely user friendly web-site. Very few young men your age show this kind of excellence and dedication.

Best regards, Arden

jrt2345 wrote:
I feel by far this is the best website I have visited. Very informative, and a great group of friendly and welcoming people. I feel at home with everything and feel this is a brilliant place for me to share my discoveries and joys in life. Very well done that man, very well done indeed. Thumbs Up

Thanks you both of you! Very Happy

I am the founder/creator of this website.

Completely conducive to contemplating cosy, charismatic, country cottages!

Back to top Go down
nevthebluebear
Hyacinth
Hyacinth

PostSubject: Re: What members think about the forum...   Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:36 pm

I love this forum, it cheers me up somedays when some funny chap puts a nice comment

PostSubject: Re: What members think about the forum...   

Back to top Go down

What members think about the forum...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Official Keeping Up Appearances Fan Club & Forum :: Forum News :: Introduce yourself-
Jump to: