The Official Keeping Up Appearances Fan Club & Forum
Welcome to the Bucket residence (that is pronounced 'Bouquet'). To get full access to my house please log in or create an account, that way I will be assured that you are a truly superior person, who will not brush against my wallpaper! Don't forget to take your shoes off, as stains on my wood block flooring are a pain to remove.

By the way, Harold Snoad who is the director of Keeping Up Appearances, is our resident celebrity. That will show Mrs Barker-Finch who really has friends in high places!

Best Wishes,
Hyacinth Bucket
The Official Keeping Up Appearances Fan Club & Forum

The official fan club and forum for the 1990s sitcom 'Keeping Up Appearances' - now approved by writer - Roy Clarke and director/producer - Harold Snoad

Fan-Club HomeHomeCastCrewEpisodesStage ShowLinksGuestbookDesktop BackgroundsContact UsFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Hello

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NethernyC
Rose1
Rose1

PostSubject: Hello   Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:05 pm

Hello everyone,
I've been (oh, wait a minute.... yes I took my shoes off at the door, *whew*) Must be careful on the Grade A Axminster.
Well, I've been watching Keeping up Appearances on and off since the early 90's. I've always thought it was completely hilarious. Now, I've found it on Youtube (thank God) And I can't stop watching it LOL.
I became curious about the various cars on the show, as in the UK they have many cars that we don't see over here in Texas. And vice versa, of course. Anyway, I came across this very site while trying to find out about the car in front of Onslow's place. (I believe it's a '70 Hillman Avenger, similiar to the Dodge/Plymouth Cricket)
So, today, I was watching an episode, and Daisy talks about "Bacon Sarnies". (I guess that's how it's spelled). I remember hearing this back in the 90's, and I just assumed it's basically a bacon sandwich? Doesn't sound too bad actually....
Anyway, that's what I was trying to look up, hehehe. Actually, Wikipedia has an entry for them. Man that looks good. I came back here to see if I could see anything about these bacon-licious sarnies on the forums, perhaps, and ended up signing up! Smile
(hehehe I'm watching the end of the one where Hyacinth gets the Gooseberry Wine at the auction right now LOL) "I don't know if you'll all join me in a bottle of the Dowager Lady Ursula's Haymode Geesberry Woone" ROFL
I think I hurt my spleen the other day laughing at the episode of "the New Vicar",
"Get that CAR away from this PROPERTY! I want them and IT out of the AVENUE!"
LOL!
Back to top Go down
OnTheBusesCrazy
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:55 pm

Welcome inside the Bucket residents NethernyC! Thumbs Up Waving

Nice to have you here with us, perhaps you might join me for a candlelight supper at 8PM this evening! lol!

Please don't brush up against my wallpaper, i hate it when people brush up against my wallpaper. He He

Bacon Sarnies are really tasty, they are bacon in a sandwich. Wink

I am the founder/creator of this website.

http://www.keepingupappearancesfanclub.com

Completely conducive to contemplating cosy, charismatic, country cottages!

Back to top Go down
http://www.keepingupappearancesfanclub.com
NethernyC
Rose1
Rose1

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:16 am

Thank you Smile

Yes, it appears like quite a lot of bacon, and maybe even a couple slices of ham, on wheat bread, and then they say it's buttered, hence the term "bacon butty", that they also call them. That's a lot of bacon. I'm kind of afraid lol.

I sometimes make a "breakfast sandwich" (I guess it would be Texas Style, since I'm in Texas lol) I toast the bread in a skillet with a touch of butter, just to brown it a bit, both sides, then I add scrambled egg and cheese. Sometimes I might add a sausage pattie (Purnell's "Old Folks" sausage), and then it's topped with mayo (Hellman's / Best Foods) and a touch of horseradish sauce on the opposite slice of bread.

The thing about adding the sausage pattie is making it wide enough to cover the whole thing. Over here in the US we have "pan sausage", which is only about 2 1/2 inches diameter, and about 1/2 inch thick. So, I usually take two of these patties and simply work them together, and create a wider, thinner pattie, and try to acount for shrinking. I also season the eggs with salt, black pepper, and some onion powder just before taking out of the skillet. Jeez, I am a pretty good cook I guess hehehe. My beef pot pie usually vanishes within 15 minutes. Most people in Texas like to cook, and it's not all barbecue. Like the great chefs of Europe say, "I hate to cook.... but I love to eat."

Maybe I should call it a "Breakfast Sarnie" Very Happy (and pronounce it like Onslow, of course).
Now you watch, next month, Jack-in-the-Box will have one just like it.
Back to top Go down
barbaradear
Contributors
Contributors

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:18 pm

Welcome to the forum nethernyC, pleased to have you on board! You're making me feel hungry now reading about your delicious breakfast sandwich! lol! I'm a great bacon sarnie fan as well, if i ever became a vegetarian i think it would be the only thing i would miss!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hamot
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:04 am

Welcome to KUA NethernyC Very Happy

Post early and often Exclamation

I prefer a peanut butter and bacon sandwich lol!

Last edited by hamot on Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:10 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Addition)
Back to top Go down
NethernyC
Rose1
Rose1

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:49 pm

Lol, I wonder what Hyacinth would say about peanut butter and bacon?

I am really tempted to go down to Subway, and ask them to make me a Bacon Sarnie. lol. It would blow their little minds @_@
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello   

Back to top Go down

Hello

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Official Keeping Up Appearances Fan Club & Forum :: Forum News :: Introduce yourself-
Jump to: