The Official Keeping Up Appearances Fan Club & Forum
Welcome to the Bucket residence (that is pronounced 'Bouquet'). To get full access to my house please log in or create an account, that way I will be assured that you are a truly superior person, who will not brush against my wallpaper! Don't forget to take your shoes off, as stains on my wood block flooring are a pain to remove.

By the way, Harold Snoad who is the director of Keeping Up Appearances, is our resident celebrity. That will show Mrs Barker-Finch who really has friends in high places!

Best Wishes,
Hyacinth Bucket
The Official Keeping Up Appearances Fan Club & Forum

The official fan club and forum for the 1990s sitcom 'Keeping Up Appearances' - now approved by writer - Roy Clarke and director/producer - Harold Snoad

Fan-Club HomeHomeCastCrewEpisodesStage ShowLinksGuestbookDesktop BackgroundsContact UsFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mewisemagic
Daisy
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.   Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:59 am

It takes 2-3 weeks. Regular mail seems to arrive in 3-5 days in the UK from the USA and about the same back. It all goes airmail so its fairly quick.

I think in the next month I will have them all!!!

Smile 
Back to top Go down
RoseEmmet
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.   Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:46 am

I figured it wouldn't take that long but I wanted to be sure. I got my signed photo of Josephine Tewson in that time span and I hadn't even requested one at the time Smile

Back to top Go down
jrt2345

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.   Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:58 am

Quote :
His home address is also listed on: www.192.com

Can't find him yet, there are hundreds of David Griffins in UK.. clues??

Private Messages is on the NO NEW PM'S button in pink at the top of the forum. 

Email is the email icon below my messages. 
Back to top Go down
mewisemagic
Daisy
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.   Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:58 pm

Hello JRT2345!

When searching for a person you need three or four pieces of information before you start your search. The more common the name, the more info you will need to weed through the many people with that same name.

1. The persons DOB and current age.
2. Their middle name.
3. The name of their spouse or former spouses(s).
4. Their children's names, if any.
5. If they own a business (or may own a business) you need that name.

Once you have this information. You are set to begin your search!

Example; if you are searching for a John Smith (a common name) you will never be able to sort through all the "John Smith's" of the world. So what to do....you look for the spouse of "John Smith". Let's say the spouses (wife) name is a not so common name.....say, like Geraldine Smith. You look for a Geraldine Smith. If you find the "Geraldine Smith" you get that address and then you do a reverse search on that address and if it turns up a "John Smith" then it's probably your subject! Then you look at the ages of the "Smith's" at this address and this should confirm or exclude this as the correct address.

Before Geoffrey Hughes died I wrote him a letter but I had no idea how to contact him. So I found out that his wife's name was Susan (Sue) and in about five minutes I was able to locate a business incorporated on the Isle of Wight called Woodend Enterprises. It was owned by Susan and Geoffery Hughes? I then did a reverse address search on the corporation address and it was a residential address and not an office type of location. I then did a real estate search on the address and it came back as being owned to a Geoffrey and Susan Hughes. I confirmed their ages and did a Google Earth and street view look just to make sure. So I sent off my letter to the address of Mr. Hughes.

In about three weeks I had a response back here in the States from Mr. Hughes!!

He signed my picture and wrote a note to me on KUA and what he was doing at the time. He wrote almost a whole page of comments!! He mentioned that KUA was also special to him and the most fun was during rehersals with Judy Cornwell and the other cast members and he said the direction by "Harold" was what made the show what it is.

I was elated to get his autograph and note! He was my favorite character from KUA. In his note he seemed amused that I had sought him out at his address all the way from the States.

Then....only two weeks later he died. I went from happy to being crushed. Here was a guy that got my simple letter and was obviously very ill and he took the time to write an entire page of comments about KUA and his fondness for the show and fans who still love it...and he was very ill.

He spent his last few weeks at the Earl Mountbatten hospice in Newport (Isle of Wight).

When I look at the post mark on the envelope the picture and note arrived in.....it is postmarked from the "Newport" post office "Isle of Wight". I always wonder if he signed my picture and wrote that letter while at the hospice?

Needless to say...I was very humbled and greatfull for his response. This led me to try and get all of the KUA cast members autographs. I love the show and was inspired to some extent by Mr. Hughes.

Back to your question about Mr. David Griffin....I have his home address....but his agent also does a good job of handling autograph requests. I just received my photos back with signatures. I always use the agents address first, and then use the home address second if I receive no response.

You may want to just use his agents address:

David Griffin
Bernard Hunter Associates
13 Spencer Gardens
London, SW14 7AH
UK

Back to top Go down
RoseEmmet
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.   Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:29 pm

I miss Geoffrey, and Mary, of course. Sad That's great that you got the autograph and letter from him, Mewise. Smile

Back to top Go down
jrt2345

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.   Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:23 pm

Thank mewisemagic - You've been a great help! Smile

Private Messages is on the NO NEW PM'S button in pink at the top of the forum. 

Email is the email icon below my messages. 
Back to top Go down
RoseEmmet
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.   Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:35 am

Mewise (or anyone else, of course), if you have Judy Cornwell's (Daisy) address please post here. I don't see it on this site. Smile
Back to top Go down
mewisemagic
Daisy
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.   Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:22 am

Here is her address:

Judy Cornwell
Infinite Artists Management
Room 105
Pinewood Studios
Iver Heath
Buckinghamshire, SL0 0NH

I received a autograph in 3 weeks from this address. If for some reason this does not work, she is on www.192.com (look for husband name first).

I sent 2 pictures...one newer and one from KUA and she signed both....with a small note saying she liked that show too and loved being part of it.

Good luck!!
Back to top Go down
RoseEmmet
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.   Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:29 am

Aww, Mewise, you're so nice Smile I'll have a nice little collection soon (hopefully)!

Back to top Go down
mewisemagic
Daisy
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.   Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:52 am

The picture of her on her agents website is a nice black and white picture. Its the one I sent her.....and an older picture from KUA.
Smile
Back to top Go down
RoseEmmet
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.   Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:05 am

I'm just curious as to how you got the pictures that you sent to be autographed? Were they printed out at home first?
Sorry if I'm being annoying by asking a 'passel of questions' (as my Grandma would say) questions, but I've just started being interested in collecting autographs. What a Face 

Last edited by RoseEmmet on Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add a note)
Back to top Go down
mewisemagic
Daisy
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.   Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:12 am

I try to find 2 pictures from the internet for each cast member. One picture from KUA and a very recent one. Then I go to Kinkos FedEx and use their photo printer to print out the pictures on gloss photo paper. Each print is only .69 cents. Then I attach to my letter and autograph request.

Back to top Go down
RoseEmmet
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.   Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:20 am

oh, ok! Thanks! Did you find the photos on Judy's website?

Back to top Go down
mewisemagic
Daisy
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.   Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:39 am

I looked on Google and found a nice picture of from KUA and the black and white picture of her on her agents site (Infinite Artists) seemed like a nice picture.

Back to top Go down
RoseEmmet
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.   Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:47 am

ah, thanks again Smile

Back to top Go down
pcspik
Hyacinth
Hyacinth

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.   Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:33 pm

Thanks for this post. I sent an email to Judy Cornwell wishing her a happy birthday and I never got a reply Crying or Very sad I wasnt expecting a reply straight away but it's been nearly 6 months so I thought I would get one by now. I think I will try writing to her instead, especially as we share the same birthday.

Judy Cornwell also appears in my favourite Christmas Movie: Santa Claus the Movie (I know it doesnt get good reviews from the critics, but I love it. I loved it before realising Judy was in it and I remember seeing it at the cinema).
Back to top Go down
mewisemagic
Daisy
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.   Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:10 pm

Judy very infrequently updates her website or monitors it.

I sent an email once and it bounced back and said "email account has exceeded limit".

I would suspect her contact form on her website goes to the same email address and it's just full and not maintained.

If you send her a letter she may respond. I suspect she gets few letters and large amounts of email.

With a letter it shows that someone took the time to personally communicate with her and this is more sincere. I'm sure her email box is just flooded with spam and junk.
Back to top Go down
pcspik
Hyacinth
Hyacinth

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.   Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:57 pm

mewisemagic wrote:
If you send her a letter she may respond. I suspect she gets few letters and large amounts of email.

I would probably send her a birthday card each year if she responded. I know that some people are busy (I have written to a number of ex-pony book authors.One took several weeks to reply) so I wouldnt be offended that if she took a while to reply. The fact that she would bother to reply would make my day.
Back to top Go down
RoseEmmet
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.   Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:02 pm

Some people of the older generation may not be at ease using modern technology, as well. I'll be sending a letter and an autograph request to Judy Cornwell (and Patricia, of course, and David Griffin) soon. I also hand-write my letters b/c it's more personal that way.

Back to top Go down
party424
Daddy
Daddy

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.   Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:11 pm

Dear All,

I recently sent a letter to David Griffins at the Bernard Hunter Associates address as provided on this page.

I got a note back saying that this Associate no longer exists and the address that I had wrote to is now a residential home.

Anyone know a new address?

Regards
Back to top Go down
Capt Slow
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.   Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:29 pm

Often autographs and autographed pictures can only be obtained by going through the talent agency.  If you can find the talent agency of the actor, they would probably gladly assist you for no more than a self addressed stamped envelope.

If you don't know the which agency the actor employs, you might start with:

Conway Van Gelder Grant Ltd.  (you can search for their web site)
8-12 Broadwick Street
3rd Floor
London W1F 8HW
UK

Phone: +44 (0) 20 7287 0077
Fax: +44 (0) 20-7287 1940

It's the only talent agency I know of.  Very Happy  But maybe they will help you out.

It's actually Geoffrey Palmer's agency.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
party424
Daddy
Daddy

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.   Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:40 am

Wrote a letter to Josephine Tewson and got a reply and autograph back! Reply was not in-depth but a bit straight to the point.

I asked:

Did you actually drive the car? and she replied "Yes"

Was filming actually inside the house? and she replied "Yes & in the studio."

What was your most favourite part of the show? and she replied "Can't remember!"

Anyone else received a reply like this?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.   

Back to top Go down

Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Official Keeping Up Appearances Fan Club & Forum :: Forum News :: Introduce yourself-
Jump to: