The Official Keeping Up Appearances Fan Club & Forum
Welcome to the Bucket residence (that is pronounced 'Bouquet'). To get full access to my house please log in or create an account, that way I will be assured that you are a truly superior person, who will not brush against my wallpaper! Don't forget to take your shoes off, as stains on my wood block flooring are a pain to remove.

By the way, Harold Snoad who is the director of Keeping Up Appearances, is our resident celebrity. That will show Mrs Barker-Finch who really has friends in high places!

Best Wishes,
Hyacinth Bucket
The Official Keeping Up Appearances Fan Club & Forum

The official fan club and forum for the 1990s sitcom 'Keeping Up Appearances' - now approved by writer - Roy Clarke and director/producer - Harold Snoad

Fan-Club HomeHomeCastCrewEpisodesStage ShowLinksGuestbookDesktop BackgroundsContact UsFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mewisemagic
Daisy
Daisy

PostSubject: Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.   Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:20 pm

Hello everyone! I'm collecting all the KUA autographs and I love the series.

I like researching their contacting information and sending each member a picture or 2 and a note. 

I love Patricia and Clive and both were kind enough to sign my pictures.

I just purchased Hetty Wainthropp on DVD and love Patricia in this series almost as much as KUA!

If you have contact addresses please post them or contact me at my email below and we can exchange contact info.

mewisemagic(at)lycos.com
Back to top Go down
RoseEmmet
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.   Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:26 pm

I had sent a letter to Josephine Tewson about two months ago and was delighted to have received a lovely, personality signed photograph from her on Saturday. She's still as pretty as she was during KUA. Smile

This is her fan mail address:

Josephine Tewson
Diamond Management
31 Percy Street
London W1T 2DD

Back to top Go down
RoseEmmet
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.   Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:45 pm

PS: Welcome to the club! Feel free to read, post and have fun...we don't bite! Wink

Back to top Go down
jrt2345

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.   Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:52 pm

Welcome mewisemagic!

Glad you have joined the Official KUA Fan Club and Forum!

Please join me for Mars Bars and Beer in the Sunshine!

Private Messages is on the NO NEW PM'S button in pink at the top of the forum. 

Email is the email icon below my messages. 
Back to top Go down
jessicabucket
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.   Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:48 pm

Welcome to the forum mewisemagic Welcome

If you search the forum, I'm sure you can find a few contact addresses for the cast

Aw Nice!

"I've got to pop round and look at Hyacinth's table, she's been working all day on her table.."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.   Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:35 pm

Welcome mewisemagic!
Back to top Go down
OnTheBusesCrazy
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.   Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:52 pm

Welcome inside the Bucket residence! Thumbs Up  Waving
Please don't brush up against my wallpaper, I hate it when people brush up against my wallpaper. He He

Please fill out your profile and start discussing Keeping Up Appearances! Smile

Best Regards,
Andrew

I am the founder/creator of this website.

http://www.keepingupappearancesfanclub.com

Completely conducive to contemplating cosy, charismatic, country cottages!

Back to top Go down
http://www.keepingupappearancesfanclub.com
mewisemagic
Daisy
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.   Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:03 am

So Far I have the following autographs:

Patricia Routledge
Clive Swift
Robert Rawles (The Milkman)
Jeremy Gittins
Geoff Hughes
Marion Barron (Vicars wife)
Harold Snoad
Roy Clarke
David Janson (The Postman)

I am working on all the others now!

I also have an ORIGINAL BBC group cast promo photo with all the signatures of every cast member! Harold Snoad told me the cast would sign many of these during rehersals in their down time. I even got Harold to sign it!!!! Now I'm only missing Roy Clarke on it and I'll have everyone on a single photo. I'm scared to send it to Roy Clarke for fear it could get lost??!! Not sure how to handle that one?
Back to top Go down
RoseEmmet
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.   Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:04 am

Did you get your autograph from Patricia signed personally, or did you get it on eBay/auction/etc.? Just curious b/c I'm thinking of requesting an autograph from her, but she is a very busy lady!

Back to top Go down
mewisemagic
Daisy
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.   Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:46 am

I sent a request directly to Patricia. I sent (3) pictures of her and (1) with her and Clive that I had Clive sign first. She signed them all.

You can use her address in Chichester or her Agent in London (Penny Wesson).

She also sent a note with the pictures.

Very nice lady. 

I am working feverishly to get all the cast signatures on pictures! 

Tracking down the addressees is not always easy. But I found a way to get all the addresses and I send a per addressed envelope and return postage affixed.

I love this entire cast and can't wait to have the entire casts autograph and in my KUA photo album!

I keep each return envelope as proof of authenticity. I just got the Vicars wife last week! I was so happy!
Back to top Go down
mewisemagic
Daisy
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.   Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:58 am

Today I found the address for Shirley Stelfox and sent (2) photos out requesting an autograph!

She played the 1st Rose in 1990. She did not think the series would be picked up or successful and she signed on to another project at the time she got the call from Harold Snoad that the BBC had picked up KUA for another season she was committed to the other project and turned down the job. Probably not a good idea as the residual payments still coming into the actors is quite nice!

Some think she had died?
Back to top Go down
RoseEmmet
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.   Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:06 am

mewisemagic wrote:

Some think she had died?

Are you thinking of Mary Millar who played Rose for the remainder of the series? She died in 1998 Sad. And she was so young! She was brilliant in that role (with all due respect to Shirley Stelfox).

Also, thank you very much for the info!

Back to top Go down
RoseEmmet
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.   Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:09 am

mewisemagic wrote:

Tracking down the addressees is not always easy. But I found a way to get all the addresses and I send a per addressed envelope and return postage affixed.

Where do you live, if you don't mind me asking? I am in the US and not sure how I can include a self-addressed stamped envelope for another country?

EDIT: Found the answer on Google. I just had to manipulate the keywords a little. I need to get an 'international reply coupon' from the post office (just an FYI for anyone who wants to know).

Last edited by RoseEmmet on Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : see above ^)
Back to top Go down
Earl of Eddleton
Contributors
Contributors

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.   Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:36 am

Hello mewisemagic Hello

Welcome to the forum. Thumbs Up

Arden Smile
Back to top Go down
mewisemagic
Daisy
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.   Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:00 am

FYI- I am in the USA.

You can no longer buy IRC coupons in most US post offices. They have discontinued them. You can no longer buy them online either at USPS website.

They are priced for 2013 but that's only if the post office has them. Once they are gone they are gone.

I used my last (2) this month.

So, how do we affix postage to a reply envelope?

This is not an easy answer. If you go to the Royal mail website (UK Postal Service) you will see that you can set up an account and buy any postage....even enter the weight and get the correct postage.

The problem is this is intended for you to print out the postage and use it within 3 days. Or it expires.....uggh.

So, here is the way I'm doing it. I go down to my bank that has an exchange desk and I buy a 5 pound British note. When I send my letter I attach the pre addressed return envelope and paper clip a 5 pound note to the letter. I include a few comments in the letter about no more IRCs in the USA and so I've attached the 5 pound note....etc.

Most of the envelopes coming back from the UK have between 3-5 pounds postage affixed so a 5 pound note is good.

It seems like a hassle but there is not many options at this point.

I would not buy autographs off of eBay. They are fake in some cases. Its much more fun to go through the trouble of finding the cast members home address or agents address and doing it directly. This way you feel good about it and its a good story to tell friends and family that you went through the trouble. In most cases the cast members will also send a quick note in their hand that makes it that much more special.

I sent my Patricia Routlegde request with 2-3 questions and some compliments and she answered the questions in her own hand and even added a paragraph! I had asked her if it was true that she refused to do anymore episodes with the KUA series and why? And she answered the question!

So I have a nice note from her...not some possibly fake autograph on eBay.
Back to top Go down
RoseEmmet
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.   Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:45 am

I will try the print-out postage. I'll have everything ready, and mail the letter within three days. I'm a pretty efficient person. :)Thank you for the info. I wish IRC's were still available, there is a post office within walking distance of my home.

I would not buy autographs off of eBay either--personally signed autographs are much more special to me (I am also the proud owner of a hand-written reply to a letter I wrote to my hero, the much-loved British naturalist David Attenborough)!

I have framed the autographed photo of Josephine Tewson (which I received just last week) and proudly displayed it on my bookcase along with David Attenborough's letter. Her message reads: 'Katie, thank you for the kind words--Josephine Tewson'. :)I was surprised and delighted to receive that photo/autograph for I hadn't requested one at the time. A very nice gesture on her part. Smile

Last edited by RoseEmmet on Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:00 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Edited for clarity)
Back to top Go down
mewisemagic
Daisy
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.   Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:20 pm

Hi Rose Emmet. Just to clarify....when you buy the postage from the Royal Post site it is made to be printed and affixed to letters and cancelled in the UK in three days.

So, you can buy and print the postage and affix it to your pre-addressed envelope.....but, by the time it gets to the cast member in the UK and they autograph your picture and send it back a lot more than 3 days will have passed. I don't know what will happen at that point?

If you go to the Royal Post site and go through the entire purchase process at the end a statement appears that says something about printing the postage and using it in 3 days? This is where I stopped the process.

Alternatively, you can purchase actual UK stamps in 1/lb increments from various sources on the web but they charge like $20 delivery and handling charge! I think on Royal Mail official site you can buy actual stamps but I think there is a hefty charge as well to have the stamps mailed out.

I live by a bank that sells British currency at a exchange desk and I just buy a few 5 pound notes and for me this is easy.

Without IRC's it's all a real pain now.

But if you send in a bank note with your pictures it's almost certain you'll get a reply quickly.

I was thinking about sending Josephine Tewson a Royal Daulton tea cup and saucer (with Periwinkle floral pattern) and asking her to sign it! BUT maybe that's asking a bit too much....LOL  Smile
Back to top Go down
RoseEmmet
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.   Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:59 pm

I called local banks yesterday and none of them offer exchange service unless I have a checking account with them (grr). I found a couple of online currency exchange sites but the minimum order is high. However, I'll probably be going to visit my aunt in Florida soon so I'll just go to the airport exchange counter.

Edit: Do you do the exchange by cash or credit card?

Thank you for the information, mewise. I wish the IRCs were still available, it would be a lot easier.

Back to top Go down
mewisemagic
Daisy
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.   Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:17 pm

I buy the British 5 pound note with a debit card at my bank. At the air port they may require cash at an exchange company? I just bought (3) notes 2 days ago.

I know its a hassle. But it's not fair to send a KUA cast member an autograph without postage. They get a number of requests I am sure and we need to be respectful of that and send postage....it's too bad the IRC is discontinued because it's a hassle for sure.

Who are you going to request an autograph from?
Back to top Go down
RoseEmmet
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.   Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:33 pm

Definitely from Patricia. I would request one from David Griffin also as Emmett is my favorite character but from what I read somewhere else on this board, he's is a very private person and no one has been able to track down an address.

I have to cash to exchange at the airport, so hopefully I'll be able to send my request soon. I already have my letter to Patricia written. Smile

Back to top Go down
StanAndJack
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.   Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:34 pm

Hello,Glad to hear your collecting autographs. Welcome
Back to top Go down
mewisemagic
Daisy
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.   Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:13 am

RoseEmmet you can write to David Griffin.

Here is the address to write for an autograph for Mr. David Griffin.

David Griffin
Bernard Hunter Associates
13 Spencer Gardens
London, SW14 7AH
UK

His home address is also listed on: www.192.com
Back to top Go down
mewisemagic
Daisy
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.   Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:39 pm

I just got (2) photos in the mail autographed by David Griffin!!

I hope to have the entire KUA cast soon!!!

Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
RoseEmmet
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.   Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:27 am

mewisemagic wrote:
RoseEmmet you can write to David Griffin.

Thanks, Mewise! I'm glad to hear you're adding onto your collection. I'll make a beeline for the currency exchange desk when I'm at the airport this July and I'm on my way to continuing my collection! My mom and I are going to visit my aunt (her sister) and uncle in Florida. Very excited to go on holiday...without really trying Wink

Edit: On average, from the time you send out your requests until you get them back, how long does it take? My mom and I may be moving within 3 or 4 months, wouldn't want it to end up going to the wrong house!

Back to top Go down
mewisemagic
Daisy
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.   Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:59 am

It takes 2-3 weeks. Regular mail seems to arrive in 3-5 days in the UK from the USA and about the same back. It all goes airmail so its fairly quick.

I think in the next month I will have them all!!!

Smile 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.   

Back to top Go down

Hello from the USA. I am trying to collect all the cast members autographs.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Official Keeping Up Appearances Fan Club & Forum :: Forum News :: Introduce yourself-
Jump to: